It is a pleasure to interact with you on this platform. We appreciate the time you have shared with us visiting this website and subsequently welcome you to Vision for Humanity.
The world is seriously hurting, today,
- The world faces its worst refugee crisis. UNHCR estimates 65.6 million “persons of concern” (IDP’s, asylum seekers, refugees, stateless persons) globally, the highest in its 7 decade history of which 37.5 million IDP’s, 16.5 million refugees by mid-2016 fleeing war, violence & persecution. This means on average, 20 people are driven out of their homes every minute or 1 every 3 seconds, less than the time to read this sentence.
- Nearly ½ of the world’s population (more than 3 billion) people live on less than $ 2.5 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty i.e. less than $ 1.25 a day.
- Environmental crisis is no second to financial crisis globally. Deforestation, species loss, soil erosion, desertification, air & water pollution, acid precipitation, ozone layer depletion, greenhouse effect & climate change.
- Global hunger is on the rise affecting 11% of global population, the undernourished population has increased from 777 million in 2015 to 815 million in 2016. Today 815 million people go hungry.
- The global disease burden is one of the highest, quality of life has seriously deteriorated especially in developing countries.
- There is limited access to quality education, there are several human rights abuses all around the world among several other issues that continue to hurt our world.
If this is the grim picture of the world today, what world are we going to leave behind?
Our problems cannot be solved at the same level of thinking at which they were created. We all need to become more responsible and take responsibility all these problems around us.
Vision for Humanity believes it is the responsibility of each of us to leave this world a better place than we found it. We believe our approaches & interventions are contributing to addressing the problems we are facing.
We do make a “call to action” to everybody to join us through partnering with us, supporting our work technically & resource wise to synergize our efforts and also make your contribution to change.
Nobody will do it, we should be the change we want to see. Feel free to connect to us and we together forge a way forward for change.