Having successfully accomplished the second component of the Disaster Response Plan for the victims of the mysterious inferno in Bataka village ,Tara sub country on 20/01/2018, the inter agency team, led by VISION FOR HUMANITY successfully,
- Provided whole day of psychosocial support to the victims of the disaster
- The local spiritual team led by the parish priest of Tara sub parish beefed up by a team of spiritual intercessors from St. Phillips church Arua undertook spiritual cleansing of the land.
- Emergency relief items were distributed to the victims and some to the non affected families as they are integrated into the reconstruction efforts of the victims.
- A launch of a series of humanitarian activities to reconstruct the lives of the victims.
VISION FOR HUMANITY is heavily indebted to the following inter agency partners for their support
- Uganda Red Cross through Arua branch
- Rotary Club of Arua
- The Victim Relief Alliance
- Arua one FM /Urban TV
- NBS television
- Radio Pacis
- Nile FM
- The general public
Maracha DLG was represented by the secretary for finance, Tara LG was represented by the LC III chairman, Omnibus LG by the LCII Chairman and Parish chief, the inter agency team was led by VISION FOR HUMANITY
THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING 20/01/2018 A LASTING MEMORY IN THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE OF BATAKA.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.